Sunday, November 30, 2008

Using Your Brain

When making a decision, we need to ask the right questions so that we can see our options clearly. This is a little acronym to remind you to use your brain when making decisions. It is useful in labor, but can be used for making all kinds of decisions along life's journey!
Benefits-- what are the benefits of doing this?
Risks-- what are the risks involved in doing this?
Alternatives-- what are the alternatives to doing this? Are there other options?
Instinct or intuition-- what is my intuition telling me to do?
Now what will happen?-- what will change if I do this?

Using your brain will help you to gather the information needed to make good decisions!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is one of the (many) things I've learned from you that has stuck with me. It has served me well in many areas, not just during pregnancy and birth. XOXOXOX!