Monday, May 11, 2009

We Are The Only Mammals Who Do It This Way...

Have you considered not cutting the cord of the baby to the placenta later? It is not common practice to wait... but this video may teach you something about what could be more gentle- what could be more helpful- what could be less traumatic... a great source of blood volume and oxygen... view this and consider doing something different.

We could be much kinder
the video

seems you tube took this one off due to breasts being at the beginning- no notes or anything to the producer- just kicked it off! I got this from the producer:

"My trailer and my entry to the Better Birth VA contest, "We Can Be Much Kinder" was removed by YouTube for inappropriate content -- breasts in the short entry-- and they took down both. It's crazy as I have taken great care to make my work rather conservative and respectful for the mother and for "mainstream" viewers. There was no notice, no email, no way to find any info or communicate with YouTube. I have spent hours and hours to learn that I can not get them back.

I have created a new account and reposted the revised entry, trailer and few other pieces. I hope they stay up.

Here's the new link to the entry and the trailer will show up soon.




Cord Clamping Considerations
more information

Janel Martin- the originator of this wonderful film clip mentioned contacted me to ask me "Did you get the other "point" to wait until the MOTHER Knows she and her baby are ready to separate? And, how, like what we know now "scientifically" about the breast milk benefits, perhaps there is something very profound about the benefits that we have not yet even imagined ... and the spiritual aspects of it all." And of course since I feel like I write and speak all of the time about the instinctual side of birth- how mom's need to listen to their instinctual- intuitive voice in labor and birth and beyond- and how I write and speak about how God did not screw up- her point resonates with me as well on this matter.

3 comments:

Janel Baby Keeper said...

Hi,

Thanks again for the discussion regarding my film and the many points. I appreciate your support and your work ... yes, it is Instinctual ... we are gaining our instincts again.

Thanks for getting the info out. It is such a loss for me as a baby and a mother that my children and 3 grandsons didn't get what they fully needed. (Andrew, the hospital birth baby, and Erin, the mama, are my babies. Erin is my daughter, fully prepared to give birth naturally, gently, to do the breast crawl. And, for no good reason it was taken away by medical staff. Most women will feel this loss as we watch it. We feel it deeply because it IS instinctual. But the more we feel and process our loss the better we can make if for babies to come.

Here's the new link, up to stay, because metacafe rated it 18+. Of course, that means now my viewers have to tolerate silicon breasts just shy of showing (gasp) NIPPLES! and undulating buttocks. Yikes, it's a bizarro world when breastfeeding mother is rated 18+.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2870183/we_can_be_much_kinder_birth_matters_video_contest/

THANK YOU!!
Janel

Janel Baby Keeper said...

trying that link again!

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2870183/we_can_be_much_kinder_birth_matters_video_contest/

If it doesn't work, go to www.metacafe.com and search "janel martin". This video and the trailer for my film should come up.

marion said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Alena
http://smallpet.info