Thursday, August 26, 2010

2nd time Mom shares her thoughts about Teresa

Recently I received an email from a recent client who had a wonderful natural birth at Northside. She used a midwifery group there. This was her second baby. She birthed very quickly- having only been in labor for 3 hours when she gave birth. She was only at the hospital for less than an hour when she birthed. Sometimes folks think a fast labor would be ideal. But a fast labor is sometimes a bit traumatic because you hardly have time to wrap your mind around being in labor! I arrived only a few minutes behind her arrival. She was unsure she could do it without medication. She had had medication for her first birth and really wanted to have a natural birth this time. She got what she desired although she questioned whether she wanted it near the end when those around her knew she was going to be birthing again soon!



" I wanted to thank you for your support during the birth.  It all seems a little blurry to me but I clearly remember the relief I had when you walked in the door.  From that moment forward your touch and word guided me.  I knew about your experience and the sheer number of births you had attended when we first met but am still in awe of your skills.   Your hands and words seem like they have the knowledge and stories of thousands of women's births and strengths behind them.  You knew exactly how to touch me and talk to me to keep me centered, even when I was begging for relief. Thank you a thousand times over. "


Erin 
8/24/2010


What she does not understand is that this is what I do- what I dream about- what I love....being with women as they become moms. I loved being with her and supporting her. She responded wonderfully to any guidance that I offered. I love being a doula! I especially loved her words she shared and was glad she gave me permission to share them with you!

No comments: