Thursday, November 11, 2010

A New Mom Shares

Mothers and Mothers-to be,

We are blessed with a beautiful baby girl on early hours of Sunday. 

First, thanks to Teresa for all the wisdom about motherhood that she has passed on to us. I had a natural birth and I believe it happened only because of Teresa and her wonderful team. 

Girls, please make a note of this. If you want a natural birth and want to enjoy your birth experience, have a DOULA with you. She is your mother when you are going through labor and can guide you through the process especially when you are overwhelmed with pain and anxiety and are clueless of what is going to happen.


I want to thank Guina for her wonderful support, her soft voice, soothing touch, helpful guidance and advice. Margaret {Strickhouser, midwife at Intown Midwifery}, Teresa, Guina and Andrea {apprentice doula} were like God sent angels for my little one's entrance into this world. I cannot thank Andrea enough for her heavenly touch.. She has magic in her hands!!! I had an instant relief the minute she gave me the hip squeeze when in pain and cannot imagine my labor without her.

April {one of her fellow students in Teresa's classes} is right about practicing the pain-coping techniques. They come in handy only if you practice them regularly. Cat-cow stretches and powerful squats are best for your labor positions. Please keep practicing them.

I would be more than happy to share my experience with you guys if you have any questions. 

God bless Teresa and her team for making motherhood an awesome experience, a blessing for woman to meet and greet her INNER-SELF.

Cheers,
-Praveena

1 comment:

Teresa Howard said...

Praveena shares her full story later-look for it under Birth Stories- it is a great one!