Friday, February 11, 2011

Polly Perez is Amazing

Do you know who Polly is? She is an amazing nurse, doula, childbirth educator, business woman, writer and speaker. I have had the opportunity to read her books, glean from her wisdom at conferences, sit and chat with her on several occasions and even co speak with her at the ICAN conference in Atlanta two years ago. She is a truly amazing woman. And did I also mention she is recovering from a brain attack as well?  Truly amazing!

I remember years ago when she had her stroke, those of us who know and love her sent her hearts. She loves anything with hearts on it! I think that is because she has a big one!


Well today I got an email from her regarding he seeing that I had just doula'd for my 470th birth. I am probably at least 8 months from reaching my 500th birth- but the sentiment means the same none the less! It is really special to get such a note from a special woman!



"Teresa-

I have been reading that you are close to your 500th birth. It is was big achievement for you. I remember that time- it was exciting for me- one of my doulas send notes to many of my clients (unknown to me) telling that I just did my 500th birth in my practice. All of sudden I started getting cards from lots of clients. I put them all in a scrapbook and I still look at it often. Wonderful memories...

Together we have done 1000 births in our practices! I think that is a huge achievement for both of us- we have been around the block many times, right?

By the way feel free to use this note to you in any way that you want... (blog, Facebook, etc.) so that it can inspire new doulas..

CONGRATS on doing 500th births in your practice. Do let me know when that 500 birth happens!

Love, Polly"


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE Polly - and LOVE Teresa - two of my most favorite women! Keep up the good work Teresa. 500 is amazing! If I had continued I would be at around 625 or so now. Glad to know someone is out there carrying on.

Crystal