Saturday, April 18, 2009

Letter from Jan

This was a letter recently received for Guina from the husband of a woman who had a vaginal birth after cesarean (VBAC) with Guina as their doula.

Dear Guina,

Like most people, the most important thing in my life is the health and happiness of my family. I'm somewhat limited in all that I can do so I ask God to help me with the rest. Sometimes I fail to recognize those blessings, and I just seem to take them for granted. No doubt the birth of a child is a gift from God, but the way that Sarah was born given Amy's history and deep desire, there was definitely a bonus.

I want to thank you for your involvement. Your sensitivity, kindness,professionalism, wisdom and calm not only added to the joy of the event, but I am convinced that it was your presence that allowed Amy to realize one of her dreams. Something that we both know was so very important to her. I have to run to pick her up from the hospital...but I want you to know my gift from God included you.

Thank You so much...Jan

No comments: