Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Letter from April

March 19, 2007

To Whom It May Concern:

Patient enduring reliable supportive irreplaceable sistah! That is what comes to mind when I think of Persis Bristol Dodson. I am not sure what her mothers intentions were when she gave Persis that name but that is what it means to me. P.E.R.S.I.S. was truly a God send.

At already 8 months and taking various child prep classes, I had heard of a Doula wanted one but did not know where to even begin looking for one. Persis was an interpreter for one of my classes and offered her services to me. This could not have come at a better or more needed time. Shortly after we met only once I began labor for my first baby.

We hadn’t had time to even discuss birth plans or even enter a contract and Persis was there and stayed with me the entire time. I felt so relaxed and confident that I could do it with her help constantly reassuring me that all is fine and that every inch was taking me closer to the end. Never leaving me to feel alone or misunderstood. All of my family and friends were nervous, tired and stressed at one point or another but Persis was undaunted by the task and stood as my knight. She’s so necessary that I have come to the conclusion that she is needed for all of my future children as well. To give birth without Persis almost seems unnatural!


I can’t seem to thank her enough!

April Lee Mbakop

No comments: